Most businesses are concerned with increasing their customer base to improve sales and boost profits. In this article, we take a look at nine advanced paid advertising strategies that, if followed correctly, can help any business achieve its goals efficiently and effectively.
- For any business, its website is one of the most fundamental and essential components. It is your digital home, and will help to define your company’s legitimacy and authenticity. It is where your customers or target audience will come for information about your products and services, and where they will get their first impression of your business.
The majority of your online advertising and marketing strategies will be aimed towards driving traffic to your website. If you have a poorly designed website, or if it has design flaws, it will discourage potential customers from staying too long on your website. It will also prevent them from re-visiting your site in the future.
- Therefore, you must spend time and resources on developing website that grabs the user’s attention, and encourages them to convert into customers.
A well-designed website motivates customers to stay longer on your website, and sparks their interest in your business’s products and services. A recent survey concluded that 94% of respondents viewed a company as untrustworthy if its website was not up-to-date and lacked a high-quality design.. Therefore, as part of your advanced paid advertising strategy, it is in your best interest to hire a professional website designing service for your business.
Search Engine Optimization
- Your website is the best online marketing and advertising tool for your business, but only if your customers can quickly locate it. The best strategy to ensure your business’s website is visible to your target audience is to employ search engine optimization.
Investing in a robust search engine optimization strategy ensures your website ranks higher on the search engine results page. Additionally, you can ensure that your website is shown for relevant search queries, thus expanding your reach, and encouraging a broader audience to visit your website.
- Search engine optimization works by linking specific keywords to your website. These keywords can be relevant to the products and services listed on your site.
You can select the ideal keywords for your search engine optimization strategy by conducting thorough keyword research. You can find the best-performing keywords and see critical statistics about where they originate. This information will help you devise the best search engine optimization strategy.
- A robust search engine optimization strategy's goal is to ensure your website is positioned in the top three on the search engine results page. Research suggests that these websites receive 35% and 31% of clicks from desktops and mobile users, respectively.
Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) is perhaps one of the most popular advanced paid advertising strategies used by businesses globally. In this strategy, you develop an advertising campaign based on your selected keywords. Users will see your advertisement when searching for specific keywords based on your campaign’s settings.
- You only get charged if the potential customer clicks on your advertisement. After they click, they are either redirected to a landing page or to your website, where you have the opportunity to convert them to a customer.
While search engine optimization focuses on your website’s ranking based on keywords, PPC focuses on targeted advertising based on selected keywords. The best performing PPC Ads are Google Ads.
- In a PPC system, you must select target keywords and bid on them. You are essentially competing with other advertisers for keywords for your campaigns and ad placement on the search engine results pages. If your bid is the highest, then your ad campaign gets above-organic reach. Once a user clicks on your ad, you will have to pay the bid amount.
The most attractive feature of a PPC system is that you don’t have to spend a considerable amount of money on advertising and marketing. You only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This helps you allocate resources to other activities and paid advertising strategies.
- PPC is a highly effective strategy because it starts giving you results in real-time. Unlike search engine optimization, which takes time, PPC starts working when your ad campaign goes live. PPC can help you target potential customers and invite them to either visit your website or call your business.
PPC is one of the most effective and reliable ways of generating traffic and encouraging lead conversions. A recent study concluded that the top three PPC ads on the search engine results page receive 46% of the clicks by users.
Social Media Marketing
- Due to increased internet penetration, reduction in the cost of internet access, and improved technology, social media is accessible to everyone. The number of internet users is growing each year, and consequently, so are social media users.
The majority of these users consider a well-developed social media presence as a measure of the business’s trustworthiness and authenticity. Potential customers and users also prefer contacting companies on social media, as they can quickly get a response, sometimes even personalized.
- Social media is now one of the best platforms for businesses to direct their advertising strategies and campaigns. A recent survey reported that more than 81% of Americans have at least one social media profile that they regularly visit. This means that most of your target audience is already present and active on various social media platforms.
Social media marketing offers various tools and strategies for your advertising campaigns. For Facebook, you can run sponsored posts and paid campaigns. These campaigns appear to users belonging to certain demographic factors as determined by you. You can also run ad campaigns based on users’ interests, search history, location, and behaviors.
- In addition to being a business marketing platform, Facebook offers advanced analytics to help you better understand your target audience and customers. This information can help you develop an even better advertising strategy, thus attracting more customers and encouraging more lead conversions.
The core reason why many businesses opt for social media marketing is the ability to reach millions of people instantaneously while spending just a fraction of their overall marketing and advertising budget. Social media marketing platforms offer several packages and pricing options for businesses of all sizes. Thus, even if you have a small business, you can afford, and run, an effective social media campaign.
- Over the past decade, content marketing has surfaced as a popular paid advertising strategy. A business can indirectly advertise its products and services to potential customers by offering helpful and exciting information online. The company can develop content in the form of blogs, articles, infographics, videos, and any online accessible format.
Publishing content online is an effective way of connecting with your target audience. When customers face a problem, they are likely to search about it on the internet. They will start trusting your brand if your content helps to solve their problems or answers their queries. After enough repeated interactions of similar nature, they will begin to consider your brand as the expert in such problems and issues.
- Publishing content online also helps to improve your website’s rank, and improves the likelihood of it being visible on the search engine results page. In this way, you will also be working towards improving your website’s search engine optimization rank.
To be considered the leader in your field, you must devise a content publishing schedule and follow it properly. A marketing research survey found that businesses that post new content at least 16 times a month are more likely to see a four-times increase in the organic traffic for their website.
- For this purpose, you can consider hiring a professional copywriting agency or some experienced freelance writers to deliver the required content.
One of the oldest yet still relevant forms of paid advertising strategy is email marketing. Email marketing, if done correctly, ensures that your marketing content is delivered directly to your audience’s email inboxes.
- Emails are a great way to connect with current and new customers. Emails can be sent through promotional messages, newsletters, information about new products or services, and exclusive deals tailored to your customer’s needs and interests.
Emails are incredibly fast, can reach a vast audience, influence conversions, and have a fantastic Return on Investment (ROI). Some companies have achieved an ROI of $44 for every $1 spent on emails.
- Several modern tools can help you personalize and customize emails. This helps to boost customer trust and confidence. Modern analytics tools help to provide customer behavior tracking on several essential factors., These factors include measuring the amount of time it took for a customer to open the email, how much time was spent reading the email, and what links were clicked.
This data can help you fine-tune your email marketing strategy, and send better emails in the future. Personalization helps increase click-through rate (CTR) by 14 percent, as a marketing survey finds.
- A geofencing advertising strategy is an excellent paid advertising strategy for the digital age. It helps businesses identify high-value leads and local shoppers while assisting with targeting competitors. A geofence creates a virtual fence using location and GPS data around a specific area. Users who enter this fence are added to a remarketing audience.
The details of such users are collected in a database that is available to your business. You can then remarket to these users using a variety of channels, such as emails, social media marketing, and PPC, to name a few.
- Your main goal for the remarketing campaign is to build brand awareness, guide their next shopping trip, or even influence price quote requests in case they are another business. Geofencing allows your business to target your potential audience in a novel, innovative, and highly reliable way.
Influencers are people that have a huge fan following on social media platforms. These can be athletes, public figures, movie stars, singers, or even famous people within specific geographies. Influencer advertising is one of the best-paid advertising strategies of the digital age.
- As influencers have a huge fan following, their fans trust them and their purchase decisions. In most cases, fans mimic their influencer’s purchase decisions, as it helps them feel closer to their influencers. If your business partners with an influencer, you can expect a massive ROI in the form of new leads, new conversions, and sales. For every $1 spent, you can expect an ROI of $6.5.
It does not matter whether your business is big or small; as long as you can find an influencer that is relevant to your industry, you can partner with them. You can also hire your influencer to participate in your marketing and advertising campaigns, which can be shared across several digital channels.
Regularly Reset And Review Benchmarks
- Even the best strategies can falter if they are not regularly reviewed and modified. It is imperative to set a schedule to rethink your strategy and reset your goals accordingly. You should conduct both a micro and macro-level analysis of your campaign’s performance.
While micro-level analysis is helpful for monitoring campaign performance in the short term, the macro-level analysis will help you understand the effectiveness of your strategies.
- The business environment changes rapidly due to external factors. As a result, a business needs to adapt and adjust accordingly. The last few years have witnessed unprecedented changes in how the company operates and conducts itself.
The current period after COVID-19 is being termed the “new normal,” and many businesses are using their experience of the past two years to guide their future business & marketing strategy.
- To be able to cope with unprecedented events in the future, you as the business need to conduct quarterly reviews. At the end of each quarter, you must identify the broader trends for your performance. These trends will help you determine corrective measures for improvement.
You can use data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio. This can help you better understand the data at hand and develop actionable insights.
We hope that this article has helped you understand everything about improving your brand awareness, increasing leads, and boosting lead conversions with the help of advanced paid marketing strategies.