UI/UX Designers at Hudson will create compelling website designs for various industries that effectively convey unique brand experiences. This role will require an ability to translate business needs into actionable creative solutions that make use of web design best practices to drive consumer behavior. Exceptional web design/coding skills, communications and interpersonal skills required.
- An online portfolio demonstrating solid web design and front end development skills
- Ability to design web pages in Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficient in hand coding pixel perfect & valid XHTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of responsive design & development
- Ability to quickly familiarize with brand goals and integrate brand experience into designs
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to generate, articulate and present creative ideas and strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, and motivate strategic thinking
- 1-2+ years experience designing websites in a production environment
- 1-2+ years experience hand coding XHTML and CSS in a production environment
- 1-2+ years of related experience (agency experience is a plus, academic and non-professional experience will be considered); Bachelor’s degree in web design/electronic media preferred
- Must work in Saddle Brook
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of your work
- Design website structures and graphical assets that convey unique brand experiences in a way that meets business objectives.
- Deliver creative solutions that can be implemented within a content management system
- Ensures all work incorporates defined requirements and employs best practices in creative execution and user experience design
- Style HTML elements after content is entered on a website.
- Present creative concepts internally to the creative director and other key stakeholders, as well as externally to clients (mostly via phone and email)
- Collaborate with development and content team to ensure creative alignment and a smooth transfer of work between teams
- Adhere to defined creative workflow and contribute to the evolution of our overall creative process
- Participates in kick-off meetings, design reviews, department meetings and training sessions as requested
- Keeps up to date on design and technology trends to ensure work remains fresh and relevant